Skip to content
- We are excited to be joint the Making Spaces Cohort 3 through Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh and MakerEd.
- During our Bootcamp we found out that our NSF ITEST project on making and engineering with families was funded – more details soon.
- It is hard to put into words how amazing our MEC Bootcamp was from July 16-20. Our planning paid off and participants were an awesome group of educators from across the US. You can see some of the craziness de. We hope they will have an enormous impact in their schools, organizations and communities!
- Although ICLS scheduling didn’t work in our favor (two papers scheduled at exact same time) both presentations went well – thanks Amber, Alice and Joshua!
- Paper published on Failure in Thinking Skills and Creativity
- Had a great visit to Purdue University to talk about our previous work on STEM interest and current RMEE project with Tufts
- IU Press Release on our recent paper and grant on sex differences in STEM interest.
- IU Press Release on IES grant with Cindy Hmelo-Silver to develop assessments related to NGSS.
- Kelli Paul, PhD joined the research team for our project with Tufts on Role Models in Engineering.
- Alex Burris successfully defended her PhD and secured a job at Toledo Zoo.
- Our paper on sex differences in the triggering and maintenance of STEM interest was published in AERA Open.
- Coverage citing our homework research in USA Today.
- Amber Simpson moved to a new position at Binghamton University to start a tenure-track job in Mathematics Education.